The Maintain Referrals page can be used to search for, modify, and finalise existing referrals.
- Navigate to the Maintain Referrals page.
- Enter as many details as you know into the appropriate dropdowns and textboxes. Then click "Search".
There are two potential statuses: "Open" and "Finalised". "Open" can be edited. "Finalised" referrals can't have any more attendances attached to them. Alternatively, you can search for both open and finalised referrals by selecting "All" from the drop-down.
There are also two referral types: "Regular" and "Blanket". "Regular" refers to a specific patient and attendance. "Blanket" can cover multiple sessions. To search for both, select "Regular and Blanket" from the drop-down.
- You can find all the referrals that have been assigned to a certain patient by typing their URNUM into the Patient ID box.
- Search for referrals entered by a certain staff member by selecting their name from the drop down list.
- You can search for referrals entered by a certain staff member by selecting their name from the drop down list.
- You can search for referrals by time frame: "Seen in" lets you select a month to see the referrals in that month; "Seen before/Not since" lets you choose a month, and see all the referrals from before that time (this may be useful to delete referrals that are no longer in use); "Created in" lets you see all the referrals created in a given month; "Never" lets you see see any referrals that are not being used by any patient - they may have been created, and then the patient was moved to a different referral, so they have no active date range (some of these may have been created by mistake, so this may be useful to find and delete them).
- Any referrals that match all of the criteria you selected will be displayed.
- Click "Select" beside a record, to read and/or edit it - you can only edit referrals that are unfinalised. The referral's details will appear on the right-hand side of the screen.
Next: Edit a Referral